[Ocfs2-users] unable to unmount drdb+ocfs2 with bind-mount active

Herbert van den Bergh herbert.van.den.bergh at oracle.com
Fri Jan 18 10:52:04 PST 2013

Hi Florian,

[It was me who sent this message earlier, but it got an incorrect From:
address due to an email configuration error on my side]

That's neither a drbd nor an ocfs2 issue, it is normal filesystem
behavior.  As long as you have something mounted in a subdir below
/srv/www/ you can't umount /srv/www/.  Instead of creating a bind mount,
why not use a symlink?  Either way, once /srv/www is umounted, all of
its subdirectories are gone too, and the path
/srv/www/clients/client2/web323/log becomes inaccessible, so I'm not
sure what you're trying to do.

Thanks,
Herbert.