[Ocfs2-users] OCFS ..Inode contains a hole at offset...

Fiorenza Meini fmeini at esseweb.eu
Wed Feb 20 01:01:40 PST 2013

Hi there,
I have a partition formatted with ocfs2 (1.6.3) on a 2.6.37 Linux Kernel
system. This partition is managed by a cluster (corosync/pacemaker).
The backend of this ocfs2 partition is drbd on Lvm.

I see this line in the messages log file:
ocfs2_read_virt_blocks:871 ERROR: Inode #52663 contains a hole at offset
69632

The error is reported more than once and the offset is the same..

When I do a check on this partition, errors are found and resolved, but
in a short time the problems appears again.
I can't understand at what level is the problem:
* kernel ?
* hardware ?
* lvm + drbd ?

There are tools that can be used to understand ?
Any suggestion?

Thanks and regards.

Fiorenza
--