[Ocfs2-users] Moving a o2cb single node to clustered

Fiorenza Meini fmeini at esseweb.eu
Tue Feb 12 00:51:53 PST 2013

Il 11/02/2013 22:08, Marco Scacchi ha scritto:
> About your question:
>
> /Is it possible moving a partition formatted with ocfs file system as
> standalone (I have only one node) to a clustered one ?/
>
> I'm not the best support you can found here,
> but, if you are speaking about ocfs2, the differences between clustered
> or not filesystem should be a mount option ( -M local, or maybe you have
> already a one node cluster )
>

> about this:
>
> /The question is this:  I have to add a disk on the server, that soon
> will be clusterized (Pacemaker+drbd+ocfs).
> Now I configured DRBD (primary/secondary at the moment) and I have to
> format it, but I'm in doubt if it's better to have ocfs working
> standalone o clustered, but without a node./
>
> I'm not confident to understand this one.
> If you need OCFS2 over DRDB, i think you can't save your filesystem
> (backup it !!!!).
> Maybe your setup (primary/secondary) isn't your goal to use a clustered
> filesystem.
> DRDB primary/secondary is the best choice to have an ext3 filesystem
> which can be mounted on the first node OR on the second node,
> if you need a concurrent filesystem, mount on first node AND second
> node, you need an active/active DRDB configuration.
> To format an drdb device with ocfs2, you need to create it.
> Here http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-ocfs2.html, you can found more
> detail.
>
> bye
>
> Marco

I did some tests:
On the first node, I configured drbd primary/secondary and formatted the
primary one with OCFS2 (mkfs.ocfs2 -L mydisk -N 1 -M local
--fs-features=local /dev/drbd0). It worked perfectly.

Then I configured the second node, which at DRBD layer become secondary.
At this point I configured the ocfs cluster (ocfs legacy, not with
pacemaker/corosync -
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-ocfs2-legacy.html) and
reconfigured the previous formatted OCFS FS, "telling" it that now it
was in cluster (tunefs.ocfs2 -M cluster -N 2 /dev/drbd0 ). I started the
cluster level of ocfs (o2cb/dlm) and mounted successfully the OCFS
partition in the server filesystem.
Then I configured DRBD as primary/primary, I configured the cluster
level on the second node and mounted successfully the OCFS file system
on both node.

Regards

Fiorenza
--