[Ocfs2-users] mount.ocfs2: I/O error on channel while trying to join the group - VM's sharing disks

Paul Gadsdon pjgadsdon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 02:58:27 PDT 2013

I have two Debian VM's on VMSphere that both have 40GB drives for the
underlying OS. The 2nd VM has an additional disk that is configured as
"Thick Provisioned Eager Zeroed"  I have configured the VMs to share this
disk.

This works without errors.

When I fdisk -l I can see the shared volume or disk on both Debian servers.

I have installed OCFS2 and can restart both O2CB without errors and
everything is lovely

I can mount either VM to the shared disk using:
sudo mount -t ocfs2 /dev/sdb /share

But when i try to mount the second I get this error

mount.ocfs2: I/O error on channel while trying to join the group

Can anyone help, this maybe due to the config of the VMs in Vsphere

Thankks