[Ocfs2-users] ERROR: status = -17

Joel Becker jlbec at evilplan.org
Tue Apr 23 17:40:08 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:08:34AM -0600, Jerry Smith wrote:
> Good Morning all,
>

> Have started seeing this over the last few days on a couple of hosts.
> Does anyone have any familiarity with this, and or how I can debug what
> mount/filesystem/inode is having the issues?
>
> Apr 16 02:49:36 host1 kernel:
> (dtocatalogbr,5864,3):ocfs2_prepare_dir_for_insert:4391 ERROR: status = -17
> Apr 16 02:49:36 host1 kernel:
> (dtocatalogbr,5864,3):__ocfs2_prepare_orphan_dir:1932 ERROR: status = -17
> Apr 16 02:49:36 host1 kernel:
> (dtocatalogbr,5864,3):ocfs2_prepare_orphan_dir:1973 ERROR: status = -17
> Apr 16 02:49:36 host1 kernel: (dtocatalogbr,5864,3):ocfs2_unlink:887
> ERROR: status = -17

Somehow you are trying to unlink a file whose inode is already in the
orphan dir.  You can use debugfs.ocfs2 to determine what inodes are in
the orphan dir, but it isn't easy to see which one triggered the error.
You might try checking multiple times over the course of an hour.  If
the same inode number remains while all of the others clear out, that
might be your culprit.

Joel