[Ocfs2-users] HA-OCFS2?

Eric epretorious at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 17:02:46 PDT 2012

Is it possible to create a highly-available OCFS2 cluster (i.e., A storage cluster that mitigates the single point of failure [SPoF] created by storing an OCFS2 volume on a single LUN)?

The OCFS2 Project Page makes this claim...

> OCFS2 is a general-purpose shared-disk cluster file system for Linux capable of
providing both high performance and high availability.

...but without backing-up the claim of high availability storage  (at either the HDD- or the node-level).

I've found a couple of articles hinting at using Linux Multipathing or  DRBD but very little detailed information about either.

TIA,
Eric Pretorious
Truckee, CA