[Ocfs2-users] Reproducing fragmentation and out of space error

Nick Anderson nick at cmdln.org
Thu May 31 10:40:56 PDT 2012

On 05/31/2012 12:34 PM, Srinivas Eeda wrote:
> What kernel version and ocfs2 version are you using?
>
> If you are running into enospc even though you see free space, then it's
> most likely because of fragmentation. metadata files inode_alloc and
> extent_alloc are full and fragmentation prevents them from growing

I am running 2.6.18-194.el5 and
ocfs2console-1.4.4-1.el5
ocfs2-2.6.18-194.el5-1.4.7-1.el5
ocfs2-tools-1.4.4-1.el5

 From sifting through the mail archive I do suspect its because of
fragmentation.

I am trying to synthesize the fragmentation and get a handle on what
values from debug.ocfs2 output I can look at that proves thats the case.

So far I have been unable to manually reproduce the issue.