[Ocfs2-users] Reproducing fragmentation and out of space error

Nick Anderson nick at cmdln.org
Thu May 31 06:25:30 PDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 01:55 PM, Nick Anderson wrote:
> Thanks trying it now, just looking at it I suspect I will run out of
> inodes and report out of space error.

Hakan, your script just ran me out of inodes, maybe you already had a
fragmented file-system to start from and it triggered it faster.

Is there some specific output from debugfs.ocfs that will tell me when I
am approaching the situation?

Right now I have a script running that does the following.

Create 1-3 small files, size between 1k and 7k, copy the small file,
prepend some data to it then move it back on top of the original. Create
a large file (starting at 20M and increasing 10k each time) then loop
back to small files.

When the file system fills up I delete the oldest 20 large files and
continue. That seems like it should cause some fragmentation. So far I
am still been unable to reproduce the out of space error when I have
free space and free inodes.