[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2-users Digest, Vol 99, Issue 3

David Johle djohle at industrialinfo.com
Mon Mar 12 10:32:48 PDT 2012

More specifically about blkid, here's my personal notes on the topic:

When trying to mount a filesystem by LABEL the first one listed in
/etc/blkid/blkid.tab will be used.
For multipathed devices, this can be a problem as the /dev/sdX
devices will often end up listed before
the /dev/mapper/mpathX in the blkid.tab, in which case only the
/dev/sdX ones should be removed and cache rebuilt.

To do this, just remove the offending /dev/sdX lines from
/etc/blkid/blkid.tab and then run `blkid` and it will recreate them
in a compatible order (after the mpathX).  You can open blkid.tab
again and check it before proceeding just to verify.