[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2console hangs on startup

John Major jcmajor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:15:47 PST 2012

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have set up 2 ubuntu lts machines with an IBM iscsi san. I have set up
multipathd and ocfs2 and it seems to be working.

The problem is that when I run up ocfs2console it hangs (the console
app, not the system). Using strace, I can see that it is running through
all the /dev/sdx devices and loops trying to access the first one in
'ghost' state per 'multipath -ll'.

Is there a way to restrict which devices the app looks at as it starts
to say  /dev/mapper/mpath* since I don't actually want it to access any
of the /dev/sd.. devices directly?