[Ocfs2-users] 答复: Renew IP address node came online again - Amazon EC2

Heitor Lessa heitor.lessa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:36:02 PDT 2012

Hi,
 Sorry for delay.

 Unfortunately this not going to work (tested by the way), once cluster directory (under /sys/kernel/config/cluster/) is created when we start o2ctb daemon, after that its not possible to handle any modify operation over that (write()) manually. Once you try you will get an error - Operation not permitted -- which is normal.
 Researching a little bit more, I have seen that OCFS2 1.4 does not support modify nodes in a running cluster, then I check BugZilla to open a feature request, however someone already created years and years ago with no response.
 Add a new node in a running cluster works fine, to remove or modify you have to stop the whole cluster/mount points though.
-- When run a new node command you will get:
# Node node2 created
-- When run a modification command you will get:
# OCFS - Not yet supported
 At the moment we will have to use Amazon VPC once we will ensure that IP address will not change And whether any bug occurs, we can simply replace such NIC to another node and so on.

 Thank you very much for reply and I strongly believe that such clarification will help someone else with the same issue.

Heitor Lessa