[Ocfs2-users] Concurrent write performance issues with OCFS2

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Tue Feb 28 14:37:28 PST 2012

In 1.4, the local allocator window is small. 8MB. Meaning the node
has to hit the global bitmap after every 8MB. In later releases, the
window is much larger.

Second, a single node is not a good baseline. A better baseline is
multiple nodes writing concurrently to the block device. Not fs.
Use dd. Set different write offsets. This should help figure out how
the shared device works with multiple nodes.