[Ocfs2-users] extreme slowdown (20 Bytes/s) in 5 node cluster

Stefan Priebe s.priebe at profihost.ag
Sat Feb 18 03:39:32 PST 2012

Am 18.02.2012 09:42, schrieb Stefan Priebe:
> Hello List,
>
> since yesterday we're experiencing hang ups and low downs on one of our
> ocfs2 clusters. Our 5 nodes connected through iSCSI i only able to write
> / read with around 20bytes/s (dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/ocfs2/test bs=256
> count=2). At the same time the same nodes can write perfectly to another
> ocfs2 filesystem (through the same network card and switch). I also
> changed the whole fs part. to another backup storage device - but the
> same thing happens.

When i start something like this on MORE than one node.

time (c=0; while [ $c -lt 100 ]; do c=$(expr $c + 1); echo $c; dd
if=/dev/zero of=/home/clusterfs/$c.`hostname` bs=1M count=1; done;);

everything seems to hang completely.

Running this on the 2nd OCFS FS beeing on another storage but running on
the same nodes. It works without problems.

Stefan