[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Error in the filesystem after of some weeks running ocfs2

Adi Kriegisch adi at cg.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 10 04:54:59 PST 2012

Dear Eduardo,

> I shutdown the filesystem an make a fsck.ocfs2 and there is many
> errors y cluster file but there is no way to test that the ocfs2 are
> ok? I can stop in night but for me this are crazy, because every to
> months the filesystem are broken and if I stop one node the running
> node go down...
>
> I have all system in debian squezee with ocfs2 1.6.3
>
> Any Ideas??
We had similar issues (also running debian squeeze 32bit). At the time we
suspected having not enough LOWMEM available for the recovery to complete
successfully.
Switching to amd64 solved the issue for us. Luckily ocfs2 is able to run
with mixed 32bit and 64bit clients so we could migrate our servers one by
one without too much interrupting production.

-- Adi