[Ocfs2-users] Avoid node reboot on timeout

Sébastien RICCIO sr at swisscenter.com
Thu Dec 6 08:31:09 PST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I think you're talking about that value:

O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=100  (That we can't change when the cluster is up)

What I understood is that it's the value that is used for the node
reboot ((100 * 2) + 1 seconds)
but isn't it also the delay that the other nodes, that are still up,
lock the access (at least write)
to the storage in case a node goes down without without advertising it ?

I had the case that a node crashed completly and the other nodes were
not allowing
writes to the storage and it seemed it was also about (100 * 2) + 1 seconds.

In that case, that would mean if I set a huge delay to avoid the reboot,
it would raise another problem.
If a node crashes, the other nodes would never write again to the
storage....

Maybe I'm wrong ...

Thanks again.

Cheers,