[Ocfs2-users] Avoid node reboot on timeout

Sébastien RICCIO sr at swisscenter.com
Wed Dec 5 01:47:58 PST 2012

Hi OCFS2 list :)

We are currently using XCP (XenServer opensource) with mixed shared
storage (some NFS and some OCFS2).
Everything works quite well except that when we have a network
interruption or problem on the filer providing the ocfs2 iscsi target,
all the machines connected to it reboots after a certain amount of time,
instead of keeping to try  a reconnect.

It seems it's due to ocfs2 that is fencing the node if it can't write to
the storage after an amount of time.

With nfs we don't have this problem, if the nfs filer goes down it just
waits until it comes back and resume the operations.

Since we use ocfs2 all the nodes are now rebooted, that means we have to
restart each VM and this take a long time.

Is there a way to disable that ocfs2 behavior so our hosts doesn't
reboot automatically ?

Thanks :)

Cheers,
Sébastien