[Ocfs2-users] [IMPORTANT] OCFS for maildir with 7000 users.

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Tue Apr 24 06:27:21 PDT 2012

Il 24/04/2012 12:56, Sérgio Surkamp ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I recommend you to disable usrquota, grpquota and xattr features if you
> don't need them and use noatime and localflocks mount options, as
> Maildir was designed to be a locking free directory structure.

Right suggestions. But if you plan to use Dovecot lock is required to it
for the index update.

Here you can find some suggestions and more information for setup
Dovecot+OCFS2:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation/SharedDisk
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/NFS

> Also avoid using LVM (or CLVM) as it is not officially supported/tested.
> Use your storage backend volume management instead.
>
> Our largest mail cluster is currently storing 50k+ mailboxes in
> Maildir+ (courier-mta extensions) format.

Are you using a SAN with iSCSI?

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/