[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 performance and debug help

Joel Becker jlbec at evilplan.org
Mon Apr 9 09:35:46 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 05:11:59PM +0100, Adelino Monteiro wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For 4 month now I'm using OCFS in an environment with 7 partitions
> each with 14 Tb running Oracle Linux 6.2 and until last week
> everything was fine.
> Now however we're running into severe performance problems when doing
> simple copies.
>
> I have one of the 7 partitions mounted as RW on one server and 4
> servers with RO. I did a simple cp of various files on the RW server
> and during that copy the process got into D state and a simple df for
> instance blocked. It took minutes for something that should be
> immediate. This is happening on any of those partitions.

Hey Adelino,
	I'd love to understand your problems.  You say you've been
running these systems for four months.  Are the slowdowns new?
	Was anything happening on the RO servers at the time?
Especially touching the same files or directories?  How full are the
filesystems?  How much change to they have (that is, are the files
long-lived or constantly being deleted and created)?

Joel

--

"Also, all of life's big problems include the words 'indictment' or
	'inoperable.' Everything else is small stuff."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec at evilplan.org