[Ocfs2-users] Backup issues

Sérgio Surkamp sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
Mon Apr 9 07:40:16 PDT 2012

Hi Dirk,

The application running on your servers benefits/uses POSIX flocks? If
don't, you can try to disable them by appending the localflocks
parameter to your fstab. This will prevent the propagation of the
flocks trough the cluster stack and may improve performance.

Another parameter that you could play with is data, that parameter
change the way the filesystem flush data to disk, try setting
data=writeback and report back if it improve performance. Warning,
setting data=writeback can result in deleted files reappear if the
operating system crash/panic, if this behaviour can lead to any
problem to your applications, then forget about changing the data
parameter.

Regards,
Sérgio

Em Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:46:39 +0200
Dirk Bonenkamp - ProActive <dirk at proactive.nl> escreveu:

> Hi Luis,
>
> Thank you for your reply. Noatime is enabled:
>
> /dev/drbd0 on /var/scans type ocfs2
> (rw,_netdev,noatime,cluster_stack=pcmk)
>
> Without noatime performance was even worse!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirk
>

> Op 4-4-2012 18:44, Luis Freitas schreef:
> > Dirk,
> >
> >    Also, you should have noatime enabled on this filesystem, check
> > your mount options. Or else the rsync will end up causing access
> > time to be updated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Luis

  .:''''':.
.:'        `     Sérgio Surkamp | Administrador de Redes
::    ........   sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
  `:,   ,.:'     *Grupos Internet S.A.*
    `: :'        R. Lauro Linhares, 2123 Torre B - Sala 201
     : :         Trindade - Florianópolis - SC
     :.'
     ::          +55 48 3234-4109
     :
     '           http://www.gruposinternet.com.br