[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 performance and debug help

Adelino Monteiro adelino.monteiro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:11:59 PDT 2012

Hello all,

For 4 month now I'm using OCFS in an environment with 7 partitions
each with 14 Tb running Oracle Linux 6.2 and until last week
everything was fine.
Now however we're running into severe performance problems when doing
simple copies.

I have one of the 7 partitions mounted as RW on one server and 4
servers with RO. I did a simple cp of various files on the RW server
and during that copy the process got into D state and a simple df for
instance blocked. It took minutes for something that should be
immediate. This is happening on any of those partitions.

The 3 servers that are RO are webservers running NGinX and serving
those shared files.

I really would like to give you more information and I already tried
to google ocfs2 problems but so far no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Adelino José Monteiro

--