[Ocfs2-users] Syslog reports (ocfs2_wq, 15527, 2):ocfs2_orphan_del:1841 ERROR: status = -2

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Thu Sep 15 08:04:12 PDT 2011

The issue that caused it has been fixed. The fix is here.
http://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=ocfs2-1.4.git;a=commit;h=b6f3de3fd54026df748bfd1449bbe31b9803f8f7

The actual problem could have happened much earlier.
1.4.4 is showing the messages as it is more aggressive (than 1.4.1)
in cleaning up the orphans. By default, the fs scans for orphans
once every 10 mins on a node in the cluster.

fsck should fix it. I would have to think you must not have fscked
that volume.

You can use debugfs.ocfs2 to look at the orphan dirs. List the
system dir using "ls-l //". Then list orphan dirs using "ls -l
//orphan_dir:0000",
etc. Look at the timestamp on the inodes. The one that is oldest could
be the problematic one. That way you know which volume to fsck.
BTW, it is safe to run debugfs while the fs is mounted. At worst it will
provide you stale info.