[Ocfs2-users] mount type heartbeat=local

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Fri Sep 9 19:04:28 PDT 2011

That mount option is appended by mount.ocfs2. It tells users
the heartbeat mode. "none" means non-clustered. "local" means
the heartbeat region is on the mounted volume. This is the default
mode. In 1.8 we have "global" which means the heartbeat region
has been configured on 1+ devices. local and global are only
pertinent in the o2cb stack. If you are using pacemaker, you will
see cluster_stack=pcmk and not heartbeat=.

There is no heartbeat=cluster.