[Ocfs2-users] Prototyping OCFS

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 05:48:39 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have setup ocfs on two virtual machines and everything seems to work
when mounting, and starting heartbeat:

root at mysql1:/# /etc/init.d/o2cb status
Driver for "configfs": Loaded
Filesystem "configfs": Mounted
Stack glue driver: Loaded
Stack plugin "o2cb": Loaded
Driver for "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded
Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted
Checking O2CB cluster ocfs2: Online
Heartbeat dead threshold = 31
  Network idle timeout: 30000
  Network keepalive delay: 2000
  Network reconnect delay: 2000
Checking O2CB heartbeat: Active

root at mysql1:/# /etc/init.d/ocfs2 status
Configured OCFS2 mountpoints:  /service1
Active OCFS2 mountpoints:  /service1

When I tried to create a file o /service1 or /service2, it did not get
replicated.
Morroever, when I created the file on both and made changes to one, it did
not get replicated either. Once working, we would like to deploy this on our
brand new machines. There does not see to be any nertwok activity between the
two nodes.

/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf

node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.2.101
        number = 1
        name = mysql1
        cluster = ocfs2
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.1.102
        number = 2
        name = mysql2
        cluster = ocfs2
cluster:
        node_count = 2
        name = ocfs2

resolv.conf has an entry for both nodes.

On a side note. Has ocfs2 become stable and RC? Or it this still a beta product.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick