[Ocfs2-users] Kernel Panic / Fencing

Tony Rios tony at tonyrios.com
Thu Oct 6 17:52:00 PDT 2011

Hey all,

I'm running a current version of Ubuntu and we are using OCFS2 across
a cluster of 9 web servers.
Everything works perfectly, so long as none of the servers need to be
rebooted (or crash).

I've done several web searches and one of the items that I've found to
be suggested was to double the Heartbeat threshold.
I increased ours from 31 to 61 and it doesn't appear to have helped at all.

I can't imagine that if a server becomes unreachable that by design it
is intended to crash the entire network.

I'm hoping that someone will have some feedback here because I'm at a loss.

Thanks so much,
Tony