[Ocfs2-users] OCFS drives not syncing

Bradlee Landis bradleelandis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 07:15:17 PDT 2011

I have asked a question at
http://serverfault.com/questions/318526/ocfs-configuration , but I
thought this might be a better place to ask.

I installed Oracle Linux 3.0 on my machine, and I created two ocfs2
partitions, /cluster1 and /cluster2. I just created it with default
options, so maybe that's where I went wrong. I configured
/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf and generated /etc/sysconfig/o2cb. It looks to
be fine, but it's not actually syncing the filesystems.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to specify certain flags in /etc/fstab?

I put a filesystem name "vmcluster" on sda3 to see if it might help.
Also, on one server, it's using sda3 and sdb3, and the other is sda2
and sdb2. They also may be different sizes, so if that would be
causing my problem, let me know.

Here is my configuration below.

== /etc/mtab ==
/dev/sda3 /cluster1 ocfs2 rw,_netdev,heartbeat=local 0 0
/dev/sdb3 /cluster2 ocfs2 rw,heartbeat=none 0 0

== /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf ==

cluster:
        node_count = 2
        name = vmcluster