[Ocfs2-users] Number of Nodes defined

David david at adurotec.com
Thu Nov 17 08:45:13 PST 2011

Sunil, et al,

The reason I needed to make this changed was because the ocfs2
partition, which is 101G in size with 41G currently in use ran out of
disk space even though the OS was reporting 60G available.

I had this issue once before and found that the node slot of that
cluster was set to 4 even though there were only 2 nodes in the
cluster.  When i reduced the node slots to 2 disk space was freed up.

I made these changes to this cluster; reduced the node slots to 2 and
everything worked until this morning when the same error returned "No
space left on device".

The OS is still showing available disk space but as the error suggests i
can't write to the partition.

Any idea what could be happening?