[Ocfs2-users] 5 node ocfs2 cluster - what would be the best way to bring all these 5 nodes down without panic any nodes.

veeraa bose veeraa.bose at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 04:43:19 PST 2011

Dear ALL,

we have 5 node ocfs2 cluster, we have rebooted this servers recently, when
I rebooted 1st node all the 4 remaining nodes got panicked/rebooted and
these servers has more than 150 ocfs2, because of the unclean shutdown,
servers took more time to do fsck and mount the 150 ocfs2 FS.

and the split-brain algorithm for ocfs2 cluster on odd-numbered nodes are
below.

For an odd-numbered cluster with more than two nodes, the group of nodes
that can still communicate with each other and
whose number is greater than half the number of heartbeating nodes will
form quorum - all other nodes are fenced
(panic/restart).

could any one please suggest what would be the best way to bring all these
5 nodes down without panic any node and for shutdown,  each node its take
more than 20 minutes, because of 150 ocfs2 FS.

and is there any way, we can reduce the mounting/umounting time of these
ocfs2 FS.

Thanks

Veera.