[Ocfs2-users] Large Files Hang Server

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Wed May 25 08:14:52 PDT 2011

If your apps do not care about atime, then noatime is helpful.
data=writeback should performs better than data=ordered. But
there is a small chance that files having trailing nulls if a node were
to reboot after a journal commit but before a data flush. This is
documented in the manpages and the user's guide. I don't believe
nodiratime is a standard mount op. May be specific to a fs. noatime
should be enough.

So I would use noatime. Journal mode will depend on the app/use case.