[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 1.6 for RHEL?

Kristian Jörg krjg at devo.se
Fri May 13 12:53:37 PDT 2011

We are using CentOS (based on RHEL5). So this basically means we are
stuck with ocfs2 1.4 forever when it comes to official releases?
But I guess when you release the source code for 1.6 I could try and
compile it myself for CentOS? 1.6 is still GPL right?

We have been testing ocfs2 since we have been having huge problems with
GFS with the kind of filesystems we have (lots and lots of small files
and mostly read access). Ocfs2 seems to solve all these performance
problems and we had high hopes for it. However the news that 1.6 and
forward will not be available for RHEL/CentOS is bad news. I do hope you
will reconsider. A big user base is the best way to make successful
products IMHO.

/Kristian