[Ocfs2-users] How to change node name ?

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Fri May 13 03:28:56 PDT 2011

Thomas Lau [12.05.2011 18:19]:
> is it require to take the whole cluster offline ?!

We did so. I do not want to imagine what happens if the nodes have
different opinions about the allowed names...

And when the filesystems are totally unmounted, you may even enlarge the
number of node slots... you need to do this when you want to use more
than the default number (5) of nodes in the cluster.

BTW, Sunil mentioned the version 1.8 of the ocfs2 tools. Today I found
them on the openSUSE buildservice in the network_ha-clustering
repository. But I do not have the need to rename nodes right now ;-)

Regards,
Werner