[Ocfs2-users] Best practice to add new node

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Wed Mar 30 17:22:49 PDT 2011

On 03/29/2011 07:15 PM, Thomas Lau wrote:
> I am trying to add node from one of the active node, after use o2cb_ctl,
> node added successfully, but even I transfer cluster.conf to another
> active node, do I need to restart o2cb to make sure all other active
> nodes are being receive the new node add signal ?
>
> also, how could I modify node name and node IP just incase I change it ?
> Thanks.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/v1.2/ocfs2_faq.html#CONFIGURE

You have to run that command on all active nodes. The new node
will be registered. The config file will need to be copied to the new
node.

Yes, this is klunky. In the next release, all this will be streamlined. We will
allow easy online add, removal and modification of nodes among other
things.