[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2-users Digest, Vol 87, Issue 12

Sérgio Surkamp sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
Wed Mar 23 11:49:01 PDT 2011

Em Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:07:29 -0500
David Johle <djohle at industrialinfo.com> escreveu:

> >Message: 3
> >Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:22:22 -0300
> >From: S?rgio Surkamp <sergio at gruposinternet.com.br>
> >
> >One thing to consider when using Unbreakable and iSCSI storage. It
> >seems that the multipathd on top of two iSCSI initiators "trick"
> >doesn't work on newer kernels. We are using bounded interfaces and
> >one initiator on top of the teamed device instead.
>

> I am intrigued by this statement.  I use RHEL, not OEL, but as you
> know they are essentially cousins.
>
> We have quite a widespread deployment of multipathd on top of
> initiator pairs.  Been doing this for years now, and many currently
> consider it a "best practice" way of setting up a SAN.  We also have
> other design considerations for which bonded interfaces are less
> desirable.
>
> I would hate to run into a brick wall during a future kernel update
> because of some fundamental & recommended functionality no longer
> being available.  What "newer" kernels have managed to break this,
> and do you have any insight as to why?

Hi,

Sorry, but I don't known what breaks the "compatibility" or when it
broke.

Regards,
--
  .:''''':.
.:'        `     Sérgio Surkamp | Gerente de Rede
::    ........   sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
  `:,   ,.:'     *Grupos Internet S.A.*
    `: :'        R. Lauro Linhares, 2123 Torre B - Sala 201
     : :         Trindade - Florianópolis - SC
     :.'
     ::          +55 48 3234-4109
     :
     '           http://www.gruposinternet.com.br