[Ocfs2-users] Problem with mkfs.ocfs2

Thomas Lau thomaslau at esun.com
Tue Mar 1 23:41:17 PST 2011

Does it means OCFS2 don't require to be offline to do fsck ?

On 02/03/2011 2:43 PM, Sunil Mushran wrote:
> The real error should be in dmesg. Guessing it was unable to connect
> to all nodes.
>
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 9:23 PM, "Curley, Rob" <rob.curley at windriver.com
> <mailto:rob.curley at windriver.com>> wrote:
>
>> When I try and run the mkfs.ocfs2 command after I have updated all of
>> the other nodes in the cluster with the new node information in
>> cluster.conf I am getting the following error:
>> mkfs.ocfs2 -b 4k -C 32K -L "ocfs2" -N 4 /dev/sdb1
>> mkfs.ocfs2 1.4.4
>> Cluster stack: classic o2cb
>> Overwriting existing ocfs2 partition.
>> mkfs.ocfs2: Could not create domain while initializing the dlm
>> As this is an existing OCFS2 volume, it could be mounted on an
>> another node in the cluster.
>> However, as mkfs.ocfs2 is unable to initialize the dlm, it cannot
>> detect if the volume is in use or not.
>> To skip this check, use --force or -F.
>> The only other item to note is that when I do the status command, the
>> heartbeat is inactive:
>> /etc/init.d/o2cb status
>> Driver for "configfs": Loaded
>> Filesystem "configfs": Mounted
>> Driver for "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded
>> Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted
>> Checking O2CB cluster ocfs2: Online
>> Heartbeat dead threshold = 31
>>   Network idle timeout: 30000
>>   Network keepalive delay: 2000
>>   Network reconnect delay: 2000
>> Checking O2CB heartbeat: Not active
>> Version of ocfs2 on this node: 1.4.4 (Redhat 5.6 x86_64)
>> Version of ocfs2 on all other nodes (5 others): 1.4.2-1 (Redhat 5.3 i686)
>> Do I need to shut down all other nodes in the cluster?
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>  - Thanks

Thomas Lau
Infrastructure Delivery Manager
eSun Holdings Limited
Mobile: 852-93239670
Office phone: 29058104

"always I strive to push the boundaries of what we know, and what seems possible to us at this moment in time. The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds, and few have the imagination to see beyond them."

– Theo Jansen