[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 shared volume getting slow when you add more nodes

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Tue Mar 1 08:35:08 PST 2011

Two things to check would be the latency in the interconnect
and the io thruput of the shared device.

Use ping -I to determine the latency of the interconnect. A gige
in our lab shows approx 150 microsecs.

IO thruput is trickier. One needs to hammer the disk concurrently
from both the nodes. See if the thruput falls as compared to just
one node.