[Ocfs2-users] inotify

Jeroen Koekkoek j.koekkoek at perrit.nl
Thu Jun 30 07:26:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm running a 2 node OCFS2 + DRBD cluster to host maildirs. The IMAP server (Dovecot) uses inotify to track changes to the maildir, and informs the client when changes occur.

In the following scenario the client is informed immediately:
The client is connected to host A and a message is delivered on host A.

In the following scenario the client is not informed immediately:
The client is connected to host A and a message is delivered on host B.

It looks like the inotify updates are more or less batched and transmitted to the other host every n seconds.

My question:
Is there a way for me to speed up the process of sending inotify updates?

Best regards,
Jeroen Koekkoek