[Ocfs2-users] how to do rolling upgrade the ocfs2 2 node cluster along with new kernel without application outage.

veeraa bose veeraa.bose at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:26:44 PDT 2011

Hi ALL,

I have to do rolling upgrade on two node ocfs2 cluster, patch the server one
by one, with out application outage.

I tested in pre-prod 2 node cluster, once the DB is stopped by DBA team, I
ran "umount -at ocfs2" and then rebooted the node1, but this also rebooted
the node2.

could any one please suggest me the best practice for upgrading/rebooting
the cluster nodes.

I have to upgrade the 3 node cluster in prod ENV with out outage.

Thanks
Veeera.