[Ocfs2-users] Any suggestions how to copy between two OCFS2 volumes faster?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at openlane.com
Wed Jun 15 13:00:57 PDT 2011

I need to copy a number of volumes from one SAN to another SAN. Most of our volumes are snapclone based, so moving those has been easy. But we got several 700GB volumes, which I can't move that way. Doing an umount/mount local (no network lock?) doesn't seem help, speed is only about 20MB/sec using rsync. Any suggestions how to maybe copy faster? These are all Oracle RAC 10g database files.

Ulf.