[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 - no space left on device

Goldwyn Rodrigues rgoldwyn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:30:42 PDT 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
<s.priebe at profihost.ag> wrote:

> thanks for fixing the novell page. It really confused me ;-)

You're welcome. Thanks for pointing it out.

>> This was an error and we have fixed the document. However your problem
>> could be caused due to different reasons. Most often it is
>> fragmentation. An output of
>> http://oss.oracle.com/~smushran/debug/scripts/stat_sysdir.sh may help
>> us identify the cause.
>
> Output is attached.

Your filesystem does look fragmented, and the the inode_alloc (002) is
running low. However, the filesystem is not running out of inodes or
extent_blocks, unless you deleted some files.

I think you would be able to find out something after enabling some
logs using debugfs.ocfs2 and re-creating the situation. I suggest you
start with -
DISK_ALLOC AIO FILE_IO NAMEI ENTRY EXIT

CONFIG_OCFS2_DEBUG_MASKLOG needs to be set in the kernel.

HTH,
--
Goldwyn