[Ocfs2-users] howto achieve inter-node file permissions / workarounds

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Mon Feb 7 20:21:38 PST 2011

Security in Linux is user based. Nodes (hostname) has no role to
play. If I understand you correctly, you want a user+hostname
based security. Probably hostname providing a default set of
permissions. I am not aware of any fs providing this. Do you have
an example that would better illustrate your point.

Remember that node based security does not make much sense
considering the basic idea behind clustering is to allow services
to be available across the cluster. As in, if a node dies, the service
is restarted on an available node. Shared disk clustered file systems
have been designed to operate in such an environment.