[Ocfs2-users] Question about eth communication for ocfs2

Alain.Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Mon Feb 7 06:14:19 PST 2011

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to configure two ip_addr in the
/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
so that it works on two physically distinct networks, to get the
redundancy of
the link for ocfs2 ?
(I know there should be  the possibility to use the "bonding"
functionnality on
Ethernet, but I would like not to use it)

And a relative question :

    if there is a network breakdown on the only communication link for
ocfs2
    in a two-nodes cluster, what is the behavior :

    - will both nodes decide to suicide ?

    - will both nodes remain alive providing the exchanges of
informations on disk are always working ?

    - will both nodes "hang" for ocfs2 rw on FS until network is working
again on both nodes ?

Is there a document somewhere describing the behavior of ocfs2 facing a
list of eventual breakdowns ?

Thanks for your response.
Alain