[Ocfs2-users] Ofcs2 Questions!

Henrique Fernandes sf.rique at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:09:03 PST 2011

Hello,

First of all, i am new at the list and i have several questions about ocfs2
performance.

Where i am working i am having huge performance problens with ocfs2.

Let me tell my envoriment.

3 Xen VirtualMachines withs ocfs2 mounting an LUN exported over iSCSI. (
acctualy 3 LUNS, 3 ocfs2 clusters )

I am not the one who configured the envoriment, but it is making the
performance of my MAIL system to bad.

Have about 9k accounts but only 4k are active. It is a maildir system. (
postfix + dovecot )

Now that this performance problens are afecting my system i am gonna try
help to tunning the ocfs2.

Pretty much all default settings.

OCFS2 is configured to write with ordered mode. We know that changing to
writeback will make performance much better, but we are not considering lose
anydata, so it i snot an option.

Now we are going to implemente noatime options in mount. This make better
performace ?

Other one, how about the commit mount options ? The default is set to 5s  if
i increse it how is the potential data loss in case we lost lose power?

Does anyone have any other paramenter that should help us ?

Another info, the inscremental backup is taking 10 to 12 hours.

All nodes have VERY high I/O wait.

Thanks to all!!

If you could tell me any doc that i sould read would be nice to!

[]'sf.rique