[Ocfs2-users] reflink status

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Sat Dec 17 11:52:57 PST 2011

First we have to get the new syscall added to the kernel.
The first attempt failed because people overloaded the call with
extraneous stuff. Recently there is another attempt to go back
to the original proposal. Hopefully, next kernel release.

The reflink utility should work. So what it is based on an older
coreutils. It is derived from the hard link (ln) utility.