[Ocfs2-users] Defragmenting OCFS2

Adurotec info at adurotec.com
Tue Aug 30 09:18:45 PDT 2011

On 08/30/2011 10:34 AM, Werner Flamme wrote:

I should have mentioned that in my original email, there were/are still
1.8M inodes available on this volume.
tunefs.ocfs2 -Q "%B %T\n" /dev/sdb didn't result in the same number
twice, instead it was 4096 32768 which
fits with what was specified during fs creation:

mkfs.ocfs2 -b 4k -C 32K /dev/sdb

Obviously didn't specify the -T which in reading the man page would
suggest that we need to use the "mail" type
since we are writing small files and not large ones as indicated by
datafiles option.

David