[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2/xen/kvm/snapshots

Goldwyn Rodrigues rgoldwyn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:39:16 PDT 2011

Hi VB

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:09 AM, V B <forums at clustermagnet.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>     Trying to understand how I can use OCFS2 in our virtualization
> environment.
>     Background:  Running a Xen/KVM environment, several powerful servers
> with a 1TB FC Lun allocated.
>     What would be the best way to do this?   ocfs2 file system on the lun,
> and create xen images as .img files?
>     How would we do snapshots?
>     Right now we have lvm volumes we just assign to domUs, no FC.  FC is
> new, and would like to make good use of it.

Did you have a chance to look at "SUSE Linux Enterprise Availability
Extension Guide" at http://www.novell.com/documentation/sles11/ ?

That should answer a lot of your questions since the solutions
mentioned there cover what you are looking for.

The "SLES 11 Virtualization with KVM Administration Guide" and "SLES
11 Virtualization with Xen Administration Guide" should also be
helpful.

Regards,

--
Goldwyn