[Ocfs2-users] Anomaly when writing to OCFS2

John Gardner John.Gardner at southtyneside.gov.uk
Fri Apr 1 13:14:15 PDT 2011

>So everything works fine as long as the temp file is being written to.
>The out file is the issue.

Not exactly, the temp file is always written to whether the temp file is located on OCFS2 or sym linked to the EXT3 partition.  The problem occurs right at the end of the process;

When tmp file is located on OCFS2, the log file is written to it, the log file completes, creates the out file (wth nothing in it) and resets the tmp file to 0kb.
When tmp file is located on EXT3, the log file is written to it, the log file completes, creates the outfile and copies the contents to it, then resets the tmp file to 0kb.

>How is the file copied from temp to out?
>mv? cp?
>And please don't guess.

This copying action is a standard Oracle Concurrent Manager action so I have no way of knowing how Oracle is programmatically performing this, as it is Oracle code.

Regards

John

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the named recipient and may contain sensitive, confidential or protectively marked material up to the central government classification of ?RESTRICTED" which must be handled accordingly.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and delete from your system, unless you are the named recipient (or authorised to receive it for the recipient) you are not permitted to copy, use, store, publish, disseminate or disclose it to anyone else.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as it could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses and therefore the Council accept no liability for any such errors or omissions.

Unless explicitly stated otherwise views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Council and are not intended to be legally binding.

All Council network traffic and GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

South Tyneside Council, Town Hall & Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 2RL, Tel: 0191 427 1717, Website: www.southtyneside.info