[Ocfs2-users] No space left on device

Tao Ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Tue Sep 21 02:04:56 PDT 2010

On 09/21/2010 04:52 PM, Alexander Barton wrote:
> Hi Tao!
>
> Am 09.09.2010 um 02:29 schrieb Tao Ma:
>
>> btw, I may commit the ocfs2-tools patches recently, and you can try it with 2.6.35.
>
> Ok, now we are seeing the problem again and want to try a new kernel and the new OCFS2 tools — there aren’t that much files left we could delete instead …
>
> So kernel 2.6.35.4 would be ok?
It should work.
> And OCFS2 tools from the GIT master branch? Or a special tag? There is no archive or release, right?
I have already committed the patches to ocfs2-tools.
So you can get from
git clone git://oss.oracle.com/git/ocfs2-tools.git
I guess there is no release for it yet.

> So are there any special steps we have to follow? Do some magic fsck.ocfs2 runs? Splashing chicken blood on moonlight? …? Or is simply installing the new kernel and the new tools enough and „everything“ should be working fine again afterwards?
No need for fsck.ocfs2.
Just do tunefs.ocfs2 --fs-features=discontig-bg /dev/sdx(which means you
have to umount the volume from all the nodes first) and mount it again
and it should work. any problem, please let us know. Thanks.

Make sure you see 'discontig-bg' in the output of following cmd.
echo 'stats'|debugfs.ocfs2 /dev/sdx|grep Incompat

> Thanks for your support!
no problem.

Regards,
Tao