[Ocfs2-users] tunefs.ocfs2 -Q question

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.redhatcluster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:06:59 PDT 2010

Hello folks,

Currently a large number of OCFS2 clusters and while the paperwork
trolls have been pretty good at keeping us in pretty decent shape,
I've been trying to create dynamic documentation of the several
servers we maintain, right now I am hitting the wall with the OCFS2
filesystems since the %B (block size) and %T (cluster size) options
are returning some non-printable chars when all they should do is
print numeric values.

I am not very concerned about the block-size since we're only using
4k, I'm not even sure it can be changed, but the cluster-size one,
that one is a little more variable and I'd like to know a) why I'm
getting that  and b) how to avoid.

right now I am using SuSE SLES 10SP3, and b4 u suggest it, I have
already engaged Novell support on this.

thanks in advance.
enrique sanchez.

--