[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2_delete_inode kernel bug

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Oct 28 01:41:41 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 02:59:17PM -0200, Andre Nathan wrote:
> My setup is the following: I have two servers sharing OCFS2 filesystems
> through one dedicated 10Gbps interface.

	Where are the disks?  I'm guessing they're on an iSCSI server at
the other end of the 10Gbps interface, but what is the technology there?

> There is also a backup server which exports OCFS2-formatted devices via
> ATA-over-ethernet. This machine is connected to each server through
> standard gigabit ethernet interfaces. The two servers mount their
> respective volumes and run the backup script.

	Let me see if I understand this.  The backup server has disks.
Those disks are formatted for ocfs2.  The backup server does NOT mount
these disks, it merely exports them via AoE.  Each server mounts its own
AoE disk as ocfs2 and writes backup data to the ocfs2 filesystems there.
Is this correct?
	Are those filesystems on the AoE disks clustered or in local
mode?  Does the backup server ever mount those filesystems?  Are the
errors you see on the live disks (the 10Gbps iSCSI ones) or on the
backup disks (AoE)?  What machine sees the errors, the two servers or
the backup server?

--

"It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from
 falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the

Joel Becker
Senior Development Manager
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com