[Ocfs2-users] Periodic hangs

Emil Noether granko2 at email.cz
Fri Oct 15 08:16:46 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a SATABoy2 Nexan storage with 8 disks (SATA Hitachi
HUA721075KLA330) connected to raid 6.  Two image servers and two
webservers. Image servers are connected to storage via iSCSI (1GBit) and
webservers are connected via fibre (QLogic ISP2432-based 4Gb). There is
ocfs2 filesystem on the storage disk. When I disconnect webserver1
(identical with webserver2) everything is ok. But when I do
"/etc/init.d/o2cb start", even without mounting the storage disk (so
webserver is actually doing nothing) my project is down every aprox 30
minutes for aprox 2 minutes.

To describe what is down: There is no problem on image servers, but
there is a problem on webserver2. Mounted ocfs2 disk is not responding
(I can't run even "df" command), so load goes to aprox 400 and number of
running apaches reaches it's maximum and so on. The web page is not
responding.

I store all of my logs on local disks so not on ocfs2 disk.

I use 2.6.32 kernel on servers, but I have already tried change it to
some another, but with no result.

I use ocfs2-tools in version 1.4.1-1.

My distro is Debian Lenny (5.0.6) x64.

My /etc/default/o2cb: