[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 1.4.4 and 1.4.7 compatibility

Ram Smith ram.smith at scu.edu.au
Wed Oct 6 19:59:21 PDT 2010

Hi Crew,

After an aborted upgrade last night we are left with some nodes on our
Oracle RAC cluster running ocfs2 1.4.4 and the others running 1.4.7. The
upgrade was  stopped midway as we discovered an unexpected service
dependancy. The final two nodes could not be upgraded at this time.

I have read over the documentation and it seems that these two versions
are disk and network compatible but was wanting reassurance or warning
from someone who has tried this in the past.

We have always run the same kernel and version so have no experience
with this.

Can you safely run these version in the same cluster?

Cheers,

ram.

--
Ram Smith